Our School's History
Barnabas Oley Primary School is one of the oldest schools in Cambridgeshire and it may possess the longest, continuous history of any English Primary School. The school is situated in the heart of the village of Great Gransden and is named after the Reverend Barnabas Oley, who founded the original "Brick schoolhouse" in 1670. It later became too small and in 1866, our second benefactor, Mr T.V.Webb had the familiar Victorian school built.
Historic School PhotosKindly provided by local resident, Val Davison.
Our School Today
Back to Our History